The People Fund program is funded solely by the many Great Lakes Energy members who allow their electric bills to be rounded up to the next dollar each month. The small rounded-up amount that averages less than 50 cents a month adds up to help many worthwhile causes in your community.
Find out how easy it is to support community causes in your area by becoming a contributor to the People Fund. Enrollment is quick and simple. Locate your account number on your bill and simply click here. Your enrollment will allow us to permanently round up your electric bill each month. You can also enroll by calling us at 1-888-GT-LAKES.
A special thank you goes out to all the GLE members whose generosity permitted us to award the People Fund grants listed below. If your non-profit organization would like to apply for a grant, read our grant guidelines for more details.
2017 Grant Recipients
- Boyne Valley Township, Boyne Falls: $2,500 for a restroom facility at Dam Road Park.
- Grandvue Foundation, East Jordan: $5,000 for the Terrace and Recreation Park.
- The King House Association, Good Hart: $5,000 for restoration of The King House.
- Hayes Township, Charlevoix: $10,000 for rain gardens to contain stormwater runoff at Hayes Township Park.
- Charlevoix Historical Society, Charlevoix: $5,000 for a computer, scanner and server.
- Charlevoix Area Community Pool, Charlevoix: $5,000 for renovation and repairs.
- Otsego Wildlife Legacy Society (OWLS), Gaylord: $5,600 for repair and resealing of building.
- For the Love of Music Community Concert Series, Petoskey: $1,000 for community concerts.
- Challenge Mountain, Boyne City: $5,000 for a multi-use truck.
- Otsego County Historical Society, Gaylord: $972 for restroom remodeling.
- Kiersten’s Ride, East Jordan: $5,000 for a suicide prevention conference.
- Little Traverse Bay Quilters Guild, Harbor Springs: $1,000 for supplies for Quilts of Valor.
- Raven Hill Discovery Center, East Jordan: $5,000 for energy efficient lighting and heating/cooling improvements.
View the 2016 Annual Report to learn more.