Starting in June 2018, your bill have a fresh, new look with more information to help you better manage your energy needs. Other changes include:
- Many members will also be reassigned a new account number with their June 2018 bill.
- Online accounts will need to be re-established after June 4. (Find information on how to re-establish your online account under “What do I need to do?” below.)
- Online access will be available on the top of the GLE homepage, gtlakes.com. As of June 4, you will no longer be able to use my.gtlakes.com to access your account.
- The GLE app will change. You will need to download the new app. Visit the app store to do so any time after June 4.
- If you are enrolled in paperless billing, you will need to re-enroll in this option after June 4.
The changes are due to the implementation of a new billing software system designed to provide more features and better service for members. Please see the Q&A and bill sample below to better understand your new bill and actions you’ll need to take.
Q: What do I need to do?
- Create a new login for your online account(s). Old logins will no longer be supported as of June 4. You can use your new or old account number for the initial setup of your new login. NOTE: Do not use spaces or dashes when entering your account number on the login screen. To login to your account, go to gtlakes.com and click on ACCOUNT LOGIN near the top of the screen. You will be redirected to a page with instructions for creating your new login. (The former link to my.gtlakes.com will no longer be available.)
- Do you subscribe to paperless billing? If so, you’ll need to sign up for that service again once you login to the new portal(s) starting June 4. NOTE: Paperless bill service may be temporarily interrupted if you delay in opting in once again for paperless billing delivery after June 4.
- Many members will see their account number change starting with their June bills as the new billing system may shorten some account numbers. Make note of your new account number. If you pay through your bank’s online banking service, please verify your account number and change it with your bank, if necessary.
- To download the new GLE payment app, visit the app store. The new app will be available June 4.
- NOTE: If you currently receive mailed paper bills and prefer to mail or deliver payments to GLE, nothing will change for you except perhaps your account number.
Q: What about paying my bill online or using the mobile app?
- Members who receive and pay their GLE bills online or by the mobile app will be able to continue with a new mobile app and web solution as of June 4. Additional features, such as the ability to track your energy usage on your mobile app, will be included.
- In addition to paying your bills and checking energy usage, you will be able to use the new mobile app and web solution after June 4 to report service issues, power outages or contact GLE on other matters. GLE will be able to send important messages electronically to you, too.
Q: How can I use my bill to help me manage energy use?
- New information on average daily kilowatt-hour (kWh) use and average daily cost will be shown.
- A bar chart will enable you to quickly see how your energy use during a month this year compares to the same month last year.
Q: Who do I contact for additional help?
- Contact us at 888-485-2537 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. (NOTE: Call volumes and email volumes may be temporarily high. Please be patient. We appreciate your understanding.)
SAMPLE RESIDENTIAL BILL (front):
SAMPLE RESIDENTIAL BILL (back):