Great Lakes Energy is leading the way with renewable energy. Nearly 20 percent of the electricity we provide comes from renewable energy sources due to investments in wind energy made by our power supplier, Wolverine Power Cooperative (WPC).
Now, members can take an even larger role in supporting clean energy with one of the following programs:
1. Community Solar: Community Solar offers members the benefits of solar without the installation and maintenance expense involved with owning your own solar panels. Of the three programs, it is the lowest cost option for those interested in investing in renewable energy.
How does it work? Members purchase a subscription in the SpartanSolar community array located across from WPC headquarters in Cadillac. One subscription entitles a member to a share in the energy produced by the solar array. GLE continues delivering energy to the subscribing members, who receive a solar credit on their bills. Members have nothing to install or maintain and can cancel at any time. Enroll today! Learn more! 888-485-2537, ext. 8957.
2. Buy-All/Sell-All: If a member’s goal is to produce more renewable energy than they use, this program is for them. Of the three programs, this could involve the largest investment due to the larger renewable energy generating system the member would likely install.
3. Net Metering/Distributed Renewable Energy: This program is for members whose goal is to meet their home’s energy needs with their own renewable energy generating system.
- 2017 Renewable Energy Annual Report
- Generator Interconnection Application (20 kW or less)
- Generator Interconnection Application (20 kW to 100 kW)
- Net Metering Interconnection & Purchase Agreement
- Buy-All/Sell-All Interconnection & Purchase Agreement
- Interconnection of Distributed Resources Policy
- Generator Interconnection Standards:
o 1-20 kW
o 20-150 kW
o 150-750 kW
o 750-2000 kW
o Over 2000 kW
Great Lakes Energy also has an educational solar array installed at the Boyne City headquarters building. Learn more.