Qualifications and experience:
- Elected to his first three-year term on the board on Aug. 1, 2021.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering from Michigan Technological University; Master of Science in electrical engineering from California State University; Professional Engineering Certification.
- Over 20 years leading engineering teams, developing technology roadmaps, and managing complex projects: mobile phone, cell tower, and satellite hardware systems.
- Recognized by Michigan Energy Efficiency Excellence Award Committee twice for my farm’s geothermal, solar, and other energy efficiency measures.
- First-hand experience with environmentally sound practices, including Net Metered Solar PV array and geothermal heating/cooling.
- Fifth-generation farmer and small business owner.
- Local government, zoning, and master plan experience.
To learn more about David Coveyou, please click the icon below.